Bacopa monnieri (waterhyssop, brahmi,thyme-leafed gratiola, water hyssop, herb of grace, Indian pennywort) is a perennial, creeping herb native to the wetlands of southern and Eastern India, Australia, Europe, Africa, Asia, and North and South America. Bacopa is a medicinal herb used in Ayurveda, where it is also known as "Brahmi", after Brahmā, the creator God of the Hindu pantheon.
Bacopa monnieri in Hyderabad, India
It is a non-aromatic herb. The leaves of this plant are succulent, oblong and 4–6 mm (0.16–0.24 in) thick. Leaves are oblanceolate and are arranged oppositely (opposite deccusate) on the stem. The flowers are small, actinomorphic and white, with four to five petals. Its ability to grow in water makes it a popular aquarium plant. It can even grow in slightly brackish conditions. Propagation is often achieved through cuttings.
It commonly grows in marshy areas throughout India, Nepal, Sri Lanka, China, Pakistan, Taiwan, and Vietnam. It is also found in Florida, Hawaii and other southern states of the United States where it can be grown in damp conditions by a pond or bog garden.This plant can be grown hydroponically.
Related Industry Knowledge
- R&D Ability
- Hemp protein powder
- Hulled Hemp seeds
- Benefits of hemp protein
- Why is hemp protein ideal?
- What is hemp seed?
- What Is Tribulus Terrestris Extract ?
- Functions And Benefits Of Tribulus Terrestris E...
- What Is Lycopene ?
- Functions And Benefits Of Tomato Extract Lycope...
- What Is Bitter Melon Extract ?
- What Is Apple Extract ?
- What Is Grape Seed Extract ?
- What Is Siberian Ginseng Extract ?
- Fructus Hippophae Extract, Sea Buckthorn Extrac...
- What Is Garcinia Cambogia Extract ?
- What Is Broccoli Extract ?
- What Is Flaxseed Extract ?
- What Is Ginkgo Biloba Extract ?
- Health Benefits of Pumpkin Seed Powder