St. John's wort (hypericum perforatum) is a herbal medicine that is used to treat symptoms of mental health problems. These include mild and moderate depression(for example seasonal affective disorder, SAD), mild anxiety and sleep problems.
The botanical name of St. John's wort is hypericum perforatum, and it is sometimes marketed and sold as ‘Hypericum’. St. John's wort extract contains the active ingredients hypericin and hyperforin, as well as other substances present in the plant. Hypericin is the ingredient used to treat depression, and hyperforin has antibiotic properties.
Related Industry Knowledge
- R&D Ability
- Hemp protein powder
- Hulled Hemp seeds
- Benefits of hemp protein
- Why is hemp protein ideal?
- What is hemp seed?
- What Is Tribulus Terrestris Extract ?
- Functions And Benefits Of Tribulus Terrestris E...
- What Is Lycopene ?
- Functions And Benefits Of Tomato Extract Lycope...
- Benetits And Applications Of St. John's Wort Ex...
- What Is Red Clover Extract ?
- Benefits And Applications Of Red Clover Extract
- What Is Rhodiola Rosea Extract ?
- Benefits And Applications Of Rhodiola Rosea E...
- What Is Resveratrol ?
- What is Bacopa Monnieri Extract?
- What Is Bitter Melon Extract ?
- What Is Apple Extract ?
- What Is Grape Seed Extract ?