Lycopene is a carotenoid and phytonutrient which is found in red fruits and vegetables, such as tomatoes, pink grapefruits, apricots, pink guavas, watermelons and papayas. It is found in particularly high amounts in tomatoes and tomato products. It is the compound that is responsible for the red color in these foods.
Lycopene is a powerful antioxidant, it can help protect against degenerative diseases. It does this by neutralizing free radicals in the body. Lycopene help prevent DNA damage in the cells and help the cells to function better. With high levels lycopene in the blood and fatty tissues, lycopene can reduce the risk of cancer, heart disease and macular degeneration.
Related Industry Knowledge
- R&D Ability
- Hemp protein powder
- Hulled Hemp seeds
- Benefits of hemp protein
- Why is hemp protein ideal?
- What is hemp seed?
- What Is Tribulus Terrestris Extract ?
- Functions And Benefits Of Tribulus Terrestris E...
- Functions And Benefits Of Tomato Extract Lycope...
- What Is Senna Leaf Extract ?
- Benefits And Application Of Senna Leaf Extract ...
- What Is Goji Berry Extract ?
- What Is Hypericum Perforatum Extract ?
- Benetits And Applications Of St. John's Wort Ex...
- What Is Red Clover Extract ?
- Benefits And Applications Of Red Clover Extract
- What Is Rhodiola Rosea Extract ?
- Benefits And Applications Of Rhodiola Rosea E...